angel baby

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, October 2, 2008

True Love!

I hope Christian looks this smitten in his engagement pictures years from now! Christian, our resident animal rights activist, rescued "Fred" the toad from the evil clutches of Smokey, our cat, and then Rebekah (which may have been more dangerous for Fred than the cat)! Though I am prone to exaggeration upon occasion, I am completely truthful now when I say this toad is the biggest handful of reptilian discovery we've ever experienced! Sadly enough, Christian's excitement was short lived. After making sure the coast was clear, Fred was released back into the wild! He has a better chance of survival out there than with Rebekah in here!
"Can't we keep him, pleeeeaaaaassssseeeeeeee?"

"Sorry bud, that guy is big enough to eat Briella!"Rebekah has sent her last four rescue missions to heaven...two worms, a butterfly, and some other unidentified multi-legged critter! Yipes! Christian has her in "kindness to God's Creations" training here!
"You mean people actually eat this?!?!? Who would ever do that, mom?"
"I have absolutely no idea, buddy. No idea at all."
(Notice how Christian can't get his hand even close to around this enormous fella'!)
Briella tried and tried to get close enough to touch Fred, but wasn't quite brave enough! She sure thought watching him from a good two feet away was absolutely fabulous, though!

Ahhh, the joys of childhood! Best wishes to you, Fred, wherever you are! You made a ten year old boy's day!

4 comments:

kim said...

You guys need a pond to keep the beautiful things around! I'm so kidding. We have our own pond in our backyard but we catch them and dump them in Nana's pond. Nana gets mad at us but Grandpa says it's just fine!

Jeanne Lawyer said...

The kids were so cute and excited. It was fun to be there and I have to agree that it was the biggest frog I have ever personally seen myself.

Sommer said...

How cute! He looks soooo happy! I don't blame you, I wouldn't have let my boys keep it either. I really really LOVE the picture of Briella, she is darling!

mom2beachbums said...

Oh I miss Christian and his wonderful self in Primary! He is such a great boy. I'm thankful to get to still see your fabulous family in cyber world. You are one of a kind and I treasure knowing you all! And I can't get over how sweet Briella is in that video eating her cereal so carefully....my has she just grown since I left a month ago!