angel baby

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just so you can't say I didn't tell you.....

OK, so this isn't a picture of our Van. It is the same make and model, but right now the front drivers side of our van is mashed up and waiting to be assessed by the insurance people. And it is all my fault.
I'm 36 years old, and there are a few "firsts" that I am still waiting on...getting my first cavity filled, going to the ER with one of my kids for the first time, and until yesterday, causing an accident. I can mark that last one off my list, now, and gratefully, there was no injury to anyone, just my car and the car I hit. You know, it could have been way worse, the Lord was really looking out for me. I had no kids in the car (which very RARELY happens...I was on my way to go pick them up from theatre class), the guy I hit was alone in his car, too, and he was as nice as the angels. Other drivers have been very rude to me when I've just changed lanes, but this guy was super kind even though I hit his car. And you know, there's nothing like a little bitter to remind you how sweet life really is! After we got home from all the police report and insurance calls (Brian came and rescued me ) we gathered the children around and knelt in prayer thanking Heavenly Father for his protection and blessings. He doesn't stop bad things from happening, but He shows us His love and direction in the midst of them, and I am very grateful!
I am really truly fine, and we hope our van will be soon, too!
A silly side note...more than a couple wonderful people have offered us the use of their vans over the next couple of weeks, while they are out of town, etc. I remind them that I just crashed our Van, are they sure they want to loan us theirs? They have happily agreed..how amazingly trusting is that!?!?!? So now that's what I need prayers for....:)

10 comments:

mom2beachbums said...

Oh (((cyber hugs))) Catherine. What a an awful 'first' to go thru. But you are such an example of being grateful for those 'blessings' and I'm so glad you hit a kind person and that you both are OK and that the kids were not in the car. Accidents even minor ones are SO incredibly scary. I will pray that everything falls into place with getting the van fixed and that you feel OK.

Jeanne Lawyer said...

That is one first I hope to never have to go through and I am just so sorry that you did. Thank goodness everyone was OK. The lord truly is good. I hope the care will get fixed quickly and everything will work out fine. I sure do miss you and your family. We love you and think of you often.

Sommer said...

I'm so glad you were ok, Heavenly Father reallyw as watching out for you! You are such a good example to me of smiling and remembering the lords h and in all things. Thank you!

The Washburns said...

We are so glad you are okay. I ran into someone in a fender bender once and they were also nice. It really helps. I know the Lord blessed you and watches over you. We love you so much!

amber said...

Oh Man! Oh Man! Oh Man! Can't wait to see what the insurance guy says. Maybe the Lord is blessing you with a new VAN!

The Pierce Family said...

That is truly a bummer but as always you guys are so good at recognizing and holding onto the blessings. You are in our prayers.

Cothran Family said...

Hope your'e ok. We love you and I agree, you are a good example of smiling and remembering the good in everything. We hope you get a new van too(so you can drive it to Utah)

kim said...

So I'm gonna be the little sister that goes "hee hee hee" and then "ditto" everyone else and then add another "hee hee hee"! Now get working on that cavity filling but stay away from the ER. Love you!

Jacque said...

WoW!! I'm so sorry to hear or read that you were in an accident. How scary. I am glad to hear or read that you are all right. The Lord is wonderful.

Lynne said...

OH, MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!! I go incommunicado for two weeks and miss soooooooooo much! I'm so very grateful you're okay(are you really?!?!?!?!) Vans can be replaced, even, but bodies are another thing all together, especially when they're those you love even if there is Eternity!!!XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO