angel baby

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Eight Down....Four To Go!

Here they are, friends, the last of Christian's baby teeth, all measuring between 1/2 and 3/4 of an inch long! And a couple were even wider than they were long! Yikes!

In preparation for some serious orthodontal work, Christian had all 8 of these monsters extracted this morning! The oral surgeon said with the full roots still on them, they would have been in there for years and years still if he hadn't taken them out! Christian did fabulously, and momma was impressed that she could sit and watch the whole thing! We are grateful for blessings and prayers that made this experience as good as it gets!

The dentist guy also said no school for Christian for 2 days...his body has to rest and heal, so continued prayers would be really appreciated!

Examining his tooth after the bleeding stopped...4 hours ago that was in my head?!?!? Unbelievable!
Yeah, we've got alot of work to do. He actually does have two more teeth behind his two front teeth....his "shark row" as he calls it... braces come on May 11th, once those huge holes on the top and bottom heal!

So for the next few days at least, Christian's diet is limited to soft and slimy. He's actually pretty excited! Look what he picked out at the store!


I didn't have the heart to tell him once those eight adult teeth grow in, four of them are coming out, as well! Oh, well, nothing another trip to the store won't help! Bring on the chocolate pudding!


12 comments:

Jacque said...

That's amazing!! What's the deal with all the teeth??? April and Daniel enjoy looking at your blog as well. April watched all the talent shop videos. She thought it was great. Love to you all- I loved the spaghetti noodle girl & Christian--relax buddy, milk it for all you can.

mom2beachbums said...

My goodness, so many teeth! And look at him smiling! Awww I'm sorry he has to go thru this and momma great job watching *I remember how you feel about dental work*! Will certainly pray that he heals and doesnt have to deal with too much pain. I too was born with some odd issue of not losing my baby teeth and also had to have them all removed and then implants to replace non-existant adult teeth. Worked out great, just a tedious ordeal and $$$$. They need to cut some breaks for mouths now! Good luck!

Rae said...

Goodness gracious! What a trooper you are Bucky Boy! I hope you enjoy all your soft and slimy and know that I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers for you! Lots of love to you, from one who had to knock her teeth out to make room in her mouth. Love ya buddy.

Lynne said...

Oh, my gosh!!!! Dejavue (?!) Auntie Amber looked just like you Christian, when they had to take out nine (9!NINE!!) of her teeth for her to be able to fix her mouth!! And Jennie, I remember well the feelings! Of course, many prayers and hugs (at least mentally!) are coming your way! Enjoy all the soft and slimies!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

The Washburns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Washburns said...

Good food choices Christian! I can't believe you were brave enough to get eight teeth pulled! I hope you feel better and i want you to know that your one of the best cousin's I have on earth! Get well soon!
Love,
Amanda

kim said...

Nothing like looking at a blog post and cringing! OUCH!!! I don't think I could have been that tough. Way to go Christian! Here's to lots of well wishes and hoping you get better fast. After all... I know you'll miss school. (wink wink) Love you.

amber said...

Whoa Nelly! Those are some HOSS teeth you had stuck in your melon!
Way to keep smiling!

The Washburns said...

Good job Christian! We love you!

Sommer said...

awww poor little guy, i feel for him! Seems like a trooper though!

The Pierce Family said...

Whoa! Those teeth are huge! How did he fit them in his mouth? Poor little guy; teeth being cleaned at the dentist is bad enough...but being pulled?!?! We'll definitely keep him in our prayers.

Cothran Family said...

Oh my word Christian! AHhhh! That makes my tummy hurt! you poor guy. Hang in there. We love you so much.