angel baby

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Motherhood...


...is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.
--The First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

My Stripling Warriors

I surely know that there is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood.
--Elder Russell M. Ballard

My Fair Daughters

One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one.
--Thomas S. Monson

My Angel

Parents who have surrendered the sweetest and smallest flowers from the family's garden need to remember our Heavenly Father. He has promised a special reward to those who now suffer in silence, who spend long days and longer nights through their trying times of bereavement. Our Creator has promised glory. He said, 'For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but nigh at hand.' (D&C 58:4) That promised glory includes the blessing of reunion with each child who has left the family circle to help surviving members of the family to draw nearer to God. Those children still live and are a heritage to the Lord." Russell M. Nelson


My Joy

As mothers in Israel, we are the Lord’s secret weapon. Our influence comes from a divine endowment that has been in place from the beginning. In the pre-mortal world, when our Father described our role, I wonder if we didn’t stand in wide-eyed wonder that He would bless us with a sacred trust so central to His plan and that He would endow us with gifts so vital to the loving and leading of His children. I wonder if we shouted for joy at least in part because of the ennobling stature He gave us in His kingdom. The world won’t tell you that, but the Spirit will.
-- Sheri Dew

My heart is still shouting for joy......

9 comments:

Sommer said...

Such a beautiful beautiful family!!!

Katherine Bettilyon said...

What a sweet family! Loved the girls dresses!

TimothyandJessica said...

what joy! Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

And even more amazing, to me, is when we think we can't do one more day, when we don't understand, when there is no more to be able to give, She shows us how. For me, there is much to learn even as we let that precious experience go so those He shared with us can experience their joy and eternity. For all the joy and love we experience through motherhood, there's still more!!! xoxoxoxo

Linda said...

How I love my dear children, and how much our Father in Heaven loves us is something I can't fathom!! But, I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL!!!!

Megan and Jonny said...

Love this. It's just what I needed to read after a long night and early morning. :)

The Washburns said...

So beautiful!!!! I love all the quotes. What a beautiful calling to be a Mother!! Heavenly pictures!!!!! Joy, Joy, Joy!!!!

Linda said...

I had to come back and gaze upon that wonderful family picture!!! Tried to save it on a flash drive so I can take it to Wal-Mart tomorrow and maybe get it printed!!!!!

amber said...

Great post. Need a family pic for my frig.....