angel baby

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Grab some popcorn...

...for our Spring Recital!

Some semesters I have had up to 15 students myself, and I've always loved doing recitals! For the past year and a half or so, I've only been able to keep up lessons with my own bunch...so now Kamberlynne is teacher of a few others. Well, we got together with another talented guy who has some students, and between his students, Kamberlynne's students, and my students...I mean children (!)...we had a great recital with 14 participants! Below are my "fantastic five"!

Rebekah performing "Castle on a Cloud" from Les Mis!


Indy begins this next clip with his "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring", and hits it perfectly...on the repeat! I am impressed with how easily he travels across the nearly two octaves for the melody in the right hand!

Then Jonah joins Indy for their Great Balls of Fire" duet!

Jonah closes out this clip with his traditional Spanish dance, "The Maleguena"!



Christian's voice is developing nicely as we try and keep up with the changes! I love that he chose a vocal piece as well as a piano piece this time! Beginning with "The Impossible Dream", then playing "The Blue Danube" (again, thank goodness for repeats so you can make a few adjustments!)



Kamberlynne closes out your viewing pleasure with a contemporary piece that we all love to hear her play here at home! She continues to impress us all with her lovely piano talent, and would rather sit down and play for hours a day than do just about anything else! Here is John Schmidt's "Waterfall"!



There you go! As all of these cuties continue to develop these wonderful gifts, the greatest blessing of all is seeing them cultivate a love of music, and having those sweet sounds fill our home on a daily basis! Music has been such a blessing to my life, my hope is my own darlings will find the same joy and happiness it has brought to my own life throughout each day of their own!

(Wow...two posts in one day! I can't believe it!)

7 comments:

Linda said...

OH!! OH!! OH!! MY GOODNESS, MY GOODNESS, MY GOODNESS!!!! What joy filled my heart today as I saw you had blogged! But................I must be honest, my heart over-flowed and my eyes filled with tears as I listened to all of you!!! I so missed again, our years with each of our children as they developed each of their own talents!! And, my mind reminded me of Rachael's words to Grandpa Underside as she thanked him for the gift of music he shared with me, and thus all of you!! How blessed we all are as we continue to hone that gift in our ways! And, MAN, how you guys have developed!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

And, I still can't figure out why this comes up as "Linda"; it's really mom/nana!!!! Love you guys soooooooooo, sooooooooooo much!!!!

kim said...

Haven, Payten and I just totally watched the whole thing! (My boys were in and out!) We loved it! Haven said, "Wow! Our cousins are GOOD!"

Christian said...

that was great! is Kamberlyne auditioning for Bye Bye Birdie at the college? June 11, 10-2. she should do it! she'd be great!

Catherine said...

Yep, your kids are pretty talented!!

Sarah Faria said...

"Castle on a Cloud" was my first recital piece as a vocal student with Sis. Nemrow! Bekah made a darling little Cossette!

Jonah and Indy made me laugh when they put on the sunglasses for "Great Balls of Fire." I loved it!!

All I can say about Christian's singing is, "WOW!!!"

Kamberlynne is, of course, a rock star(of classical music . . .)!!!

LOVED IT!!!!

Jenn said...

Great show!!! Everyone did such a great job! I am so proud to be an auntie of such awesome talented nieces and nephews!!!!