angel baby

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

36 1/2weeks down,...

3 1/2 to Go!

I thought we better take some pictures now, because I don't think I'm brave enough to post a bigger belly than this one!

We are all getting excited for our little bundle to join us here on the outside, and I am ready to give others the chance to carry her around! Everybody is "bonding" with her in their own way, and it is sweet to see the love and anticipation grow! We've pretty much dug out and washed all the little clothes, prepped the nursery, and made plans to pull down the cradle from the attic. I just need to make the "new baby" blanket, and somehow survive the next 24 days or so!!!!


Briella may be the most fascinated by "the baby in momma's tummy"! She loves to pat my belly, and I think she kind of gets that one day the baby will come out and she will be the big sister!

Rebekah is the one who loves to give the kisses, and started singing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" almost daily to the baby. She says "when the baby comes out, I will sing to her and she will know it was me the whole time"! Isn't that so sweet?

The brothers all love to feel the baby move around, and have become very sensitive to my needs as we get near to the end. They each take turns making my bed, get me my scriptures, and give me the comfy chair for school every day! Their sweet prayers that the baby and I will be healthy and strong are repeated multiple times every day. It is lovely to see their tender sides amongst all the energy and noise that usually accompanies them!

And of course, Kamberlynne, the MVP of all big sisters ever, can't wait to be the oldest of seven! She already gives the baby her own personal tips on when to be asleep and when to be awake, what is good to eat, and even has given some piano tutoring to her new little sister! She was the photographer for this photo shoot, so we'll have to post her picture once the baby comes...

In the meantime, I am praying for trust in the Lord's timing, patience, KINDNESS, naps....and somebody else to cook dinner!!

9 comments:

Rae said...

Oh how I loved this post! Catherine...we need a full on prego shot of you. I'm sure you are still GORGEOUS! I can;t wait to see the baby either...and I SUPER love the name you have picked. Can't wait to hear the middle one along with it. Love you so much. You can do it Big Sis...and be amazing while doing it.

Unknown said...

After having talked with and heard you on the phone today, I'm still surprised!!!! These are absolutely the sweetests pics. I know (because of our prayers daily, too) that everything is going to be just great! (After the ordeal, of course!) Amber said she thought the baby's name was Mariah -_______ Washburn. Totally love it, even without a middle name! Verify to us though so I don't get it wrong on her blessing blanket!! This is being typed on Dad's facebook; I don't know why! I signed him out and me in, but.......!!XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Megan and Jonny said...

Cooking is the worst part, and there's no one else to do it! But remember, your faithful visiting teachers are always here if you need us!

Dawn said...

I've been thinking about you. Your belly looks so good and its so obvious this little girl is being born into a lot of love. The lucky gal! I've been thinking about how I can help you after the birth. I'm a little scared to make your family dinner (but maybe I'll give it a try.) But how about if I come clean your bathrooms? I seem to remember you saying they were neglected when you were at girl's camp.

Katherine Bettilyon said...

SOOOO sweet!!!! Too bad I'm not there to tell the baby to think brown curly thoughts. I can't wait to hug and kiss all seven of your babies in only 35 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you all!

mom2beachbums said...

Such a lucky lucky little gal coming to this family! These pictures are so precious I'm tearing up here seeing them! One of the most beautiful sights to me is a pregnant belly and you look stunning and with as gorgeous as the rest of you is, you should take some more pictures soon of your whole self! Hang in there, will keep you and baby girl in my prayers.

Cothran Family said...

Oh, I have been wondering how you are! Hooray for 24 days!!! Love your cute prego shirt and belly. Cute picts of all the kids. I love that Rebekah sings to her and Briella looks genuinly excited to meet that sister! And tell those boys good job on helping the mom! She needs it! Oh my and isn't pregnancy just... what can I say?...Well, you look Amazing and wonderful. Love you!

The Washburns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amber said...

How about a celebratory 38 week lunch date? I'll pass on Katie's thoughts for brown curls!